ISO 20000:2011 / IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL)
From disruption to transformational thinking, it is evident that organizations can no longer focus on technology alone. They have to consider all touch points, including the quality of services, the delivery process and relationship values, amongst other things. As a leader in security and technology solutions in the Middle East, Paramount’s offerings include professional services for assessment, designing, planning, implementing and training for ITSM.
What is IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL) – ISO 20000?
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a business strategy that enables the IT department to deliver a better "customer experience". It focuses on delivering and supporting IT services that are aligned to the business requirements of the organization. Criterion's include, but are not limited to, service management systems, design and transition of new or changed services, relationship processes, resolution and control processes.
Approach and Offerings
Paramount’s ITSM implementation methodology follows the continuous improvement process Plan-Do-Check-Act according to ISO/IEC 20000. The following Project Execution Model serves as a high-level roadmap to help IT organizations understand their transition to ITSM based on the ITIL best practices.
Paramount aims at providing an effective framework for helping IT organizations to become adaptive, flexible, cost effective and service oriented. The goal is to transform an organization from a tactical technology-provider to a strategic, business-oriented service operation. Paramount’s approach to ITSM enables customers to design, build, manage and enhance their IT service operations and supporting IT infrastructure based on the ITSM best practices.
Outcome and Delivery
When implemented correctly, ITIL Provides:
- Increase in quality of service
- Better alignment of IT services with the business priorities and objectives
- Rationalization and management of IT costs
- Less downtime and increased reliability
- Customer satisfaction
- Has a focus on Services and Value – not technology
- Industry recognized best practice library – useful for improving practices and processes.
- Creates good coordination between internal IT, the business process and the vendors.
- Improves the global consistency of IT processes.
- Achieves re-alignment of the current processes in place.